About the integration
Our Lucca integration allows you to keep your user base on Leapsome up to date - completely automatically!
Once activated, the integration will automatically...
- create a new Leapsome user account for every new employee that you on-board on Lucca - we will automatically synchronize the user's name, email address, department, birthday, start and end date, job title, gender and manager,
- send a Leapsome invite to that user if the 'auto-invite' option is activated. Alternatively, you can manually invite users by re-sending open invites on your team admin page,
- create 'teams' on Leapsome for every 'department' that you have created in Lucca. Members of the department will automatically be assigned to the corresponding team on Leapsome,
- update all of the above based on your changes in Lucca. Changes may take up to 24 hours to be reflected on Leapsome.
Please note that - if the integration is enabled - changes in Lucca will override any changes manually made on Leapsome, apart from the team: Teams you manually added in Leapsome will remain active and not be changed by the integration, whereas teams that are synched from Lucca would be overwritten if you change a user's team in Lucca.
Just a note: If you already created teams manually in Leapsome before switching on the integration, please make sure that the teams you have in Leapsome are spelled exactly like in your HRIS (take into account spaces, commas, etc). Otherwise, the integration may add duplicate teams with a slightly different spelling to Leapsome.
Setting up the integration
1. Generate an API key
To set up the integration, you will need to generate an APIkey - Lucca describes how to do this here. Please note that you will need to assign the right "Coworkers > Manage users" to this key.
2. Note down your subdomain
You will need your subdomain to set up the integration. This can easily be found by looking at the URL of your Lucca instance: https://yousubdomain.ilucca.net/
3. Finalize the setup in Leapsome
Please visit Settings > Integrations in Leapsome, select the 'Lucca' tab, click 'Enable the integration', paste your API Token and subdomain in the corresponding fields and click 'Update & Synchronize'.
That's it! The initial synchronization has now been kicked off. User data is updated daily, and you can trigger additional synchronization runs by clicking 'Update & Synchronize'
- If you enable the option 'Automatically send Leapsome invites to new employees', each user who is (newly) synced from Lucca will automatically receive an invite to join Leapsome. If you disable this option, we will sync the employee data but not send an invite. You can then manually send the invite from the 'Edit users & teams' tab.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically reactivate Leapsome accounts of employees that are marked as active in the source system', Leapsome will automatically reactive a user once the status in Lucca of that user got changed back to 'active‘.
Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions
I receive an error message when trying to set up the integration.
Please make sure that you gave 'Coworkers: Manage Users' access to your API key. Afterwards, please make sure to copy the API credentials over to Leapsome correctly. Any characters that may have been added by accident will invalidate your credentials. Once you have checked both, retry the synchronization by clicking 'Update & Synchronize' in Leapsome.
The integration did not create a user profile for someone in Leapsome.
Please make sure that you have set a contract start date in Lucca. If they don't have a start date, Leapsome will not create an account for them. In addition, Leapsome will not create a new profile for a user, if the email address they use in Lucca is already taken by another Leapsome user. Go to 'Settings' > 'Users & Teams' > 'Actions' > 'Export', to quickly see if the email address is already taken by any other user profile.
How can I make sure that people who are on leave, or have left the company permanently don't have access to Leapsome?
By default, Leapsome will only activate user accounts for people whose start date has been reached. Once a user's termination date is reached, they will be deactivated in Leapsome automatically.
Can I delete user profiles through the Lucca integration?
No. Leapsome will not delete any user profiles automatically. Instead, the integration will deactivate all profiles for users who are no longer 'Active' in Lucca. If you want to delete any profiles, you have to do this manually within the 'Users & Teams' section in Leapsome.
Please sign in to leave a comment.