With the growth of your company, you may come to a point, in which the email addresses for all of your colleagues have to be changed. This change also needs to be reflected in Leapsome, in order for your team to keep access to the platform. There are multiple methods to update your user's email addresses:
In this article, we will show which procedure you should choose, depending on your current Leapsome setup.
Automatic update via one of our integrations (HRIS)
If your Leapsome user base is updated via one of our integrations (find a full list here), you can automate the email update process. You only need to update the email address in your source system (e.g. in your HRIS) and the changes should be reflected within 24 hours in Leapsome as well. To save some time, please check with your HRIS provider if there's a way to update your user's email addresses in bulk. As your source system will always be treated as the source of truth, all manual changes you make in Leapsome will be overwritten by the integration the next time the synchronization runs.
When email addresses are being updated via an HRIS integration, the user's External ID (usually the employee number or another unique ID passed on by your HRIS), is being used as the unique identifier to prevent creating duplicate accounts.
Manual Update in the user's Leapsome profile
If your team is rather small, you can easily update your team's email addresses in the individual users' profiles. To do this, navigate to Settings > 'Users & Teams' and click on 'Edit' next to a user's name. This will allow you to type in a new email address for them. Confirm your changes by clicking 'Update user info'. Repeat this for all users.
Manual update via a bulk Excel upload
If you are not using an HRIS integration and want to update the email addresses for a large number of people, you can do this with an Excel upload. The following steps show you, how this can be done:
1. Download an export of your existing users
- Navigate to Settings > 'Users & Teams' in Leapsome and draw an export of your existing users from there by clicking on 'Export Users'.
2. Update the email addresses and prepare the file for upload
- Open the export file and double-check, that the first column 'Leapsome UserID' is populated for every user. This field will work as a unique identifier for your users when you change their email addresses
- Update the email addresses directly in the column 'Email / Username (mandatory)'
- Make sure to delete the column 'Manager Email / Username (optional)' from the file, as this column still contains the 'old' email format and thus may cause the creation of duplicate profiles for your managers.
- Make sure all cells in your file are formatted as 'Text' to ensure that your data is stored correctly.
- Save your file.
3. Upload the file to Leapsome
- In Leapsome, navigate to Settings > 'Users & Teams' and click on 'Add users'.
- In the pop-up window, click on 'Import from Excel' and press the button that reads '...then upload your file'. Insert your file.
- You will see a preview of your data in the window.
- If you have added any new users to your list, Leapsome will create new accounts for them once you upload your file. You can select whether they should be invited immediately once their account was created or at a later point in time. Users that are already activated in Leapsome will not receive any notification.
- Submit the file by clicking 'Create users'.
That's it! Your users should now have a new email address in Leapsome.