About the integration
Our integration with ADP Workforce Now allows you to enable Single Sign-On (SSO) for your employees and keep your user base on Leapsome up to date - completely automatically!
Once activated, the integration will automatically:
- create a new Leapsome user account for new and existing employees that you add to ADP
- create teams in Leapsome for every department you have set up in ADP
- send a Leapsome invite to that user if the 'auto-invite' option is activated. Alternatively, you can manually invite users by re-sending open invites on your 'Users & Teams' page
- assign direct manager rights on Leapsome based on your manager roles in ADP - no need to re-establish your reporting lines,
- update all of the above based on your changes in ADP - Changes will be reflected in Leaspsome within 24 hours
- enable Single Sign-On (SSO) to allow your employees to login to Leapsome without setting up an additional password
Which data will be transferred?
Once set up, the integration will allow Leapsome to read the following ADP attributes:
- Work email
- Home Department
- Business Unit
- Start Date
- Termination Date
- Worker number (not displayed in Leapsome)
- Worker status (used to (de-) activate users)
Please keep in mind that once the integration is enabled, ADP will be treated as the source of truth: changes made in ADP will override any changes manually made in Leapsome, apart from the team. Teams you manually added in Leapsome will remain active and not be changed by the integration, whereas departments that are synchronized from ADP would be overwritten if you change a user's department in ADP.
Just a note: If you already created teams manually in Leapsome before switching on the integration, please make sure that the teams you have in Leapsome are spelled exactly like in your HRIS (take into account spaces, commas, etc). Otherwise, the integration may add duplicate teams with a slightly different spelling to Leapsome.
Also note that the worker number is only used by Leapsome as a unique identifier for the user and will not be visible in the user interface. In addition, the information 'Date of Birth' can currently not be synchronized via ADP.
Setting up the integration
Purchase and set up the Connector
To set up the ADP integration with Leapsome, you will need to purchase the Leapsome Connector for ADP Workforce Now from the ADP Marketplace. Click here to directly go to the ADP Marketplace. For this connector, ADP will add a monthly fee of 30$ to your existing subscription. This fee is independent of the number of users you want to synchronize. Please get in touch with your contact at ADP to discuss potential discounts for your account.
Once purchased, you have to set up the connector to enable the integration. During the process, you will be asked to provide a Leapsome account ID. This can be found in the 'Basic account settings' in Leapsome.
Activate the integration in Leapsome
Once you have set up the connector, you can activate the integration in Leapsome. To do this, please navigate to Settings > Integrations > HRIS Integrations > ADP or click here. There, check the box next to 'Enable the integration' and then click 'Update & Synchronize'.
During the first synchronization, you will be redirected to ADP to give consent for the data synchronization. Once this is confirmed, you will be redirected to Leapsome automatically and the synchronization process starts. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours until the first synchronization is completed.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically send Leapsome invites to provisioned employees', each user who is (newly) synchronized from ADP will automatically receive an invite to join Leapsome. If you disable this option, we will synchronize the employee data but not send an invite. You can then manually send the invite from the 'Users & Teams' tab in Leapsome.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically reactivate Leapsome accounts of employees that are marked as active in the source system', Leapsome will automatically reactive a user once the status in ADP of that user got changed back to 'active'.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we make a user's preferred (instead of legal) name show in Leapsome?
As all manual changes to a user's name in Leapsome will be overwritten by the integration, the only way to bring someone's preferred name into Leapsome would be by also using the preferred (instead of legal) name in ADP.
Article is closed for comments.