Check out this article for more FAQ's from survey participants.
1. Does Leapsome offer best practice questions for surveys?
Yes, Leapsome offers a catalog of best practice questions in a survey which can be used when creating a new survey. This catalog has been put together by industrial and organizational psychologists and is based on science and state-of-the-art practices. The following two articles give more insight into Leapsome's catalog of best practice questions: Help Center Article 1 and Help Center Article 2.
2. What amount of questions do Leapsome’s internal experts recommend for a survey round?
Generally, we advise not to make surveys too long, as this may discourage employees from answering all the questions. We suggest including about 10-15 questions in a quarterly survey. An additional factor to consider is the time between the different rounds of surveys. The longer the time between two rounds, the more questions could be used. Here you can find a blueprint created by our Customer Success team for that question specifically.
3. How can I make survey questions mandatory?
All survey questions can be skipped by design unless you tick the box, making it compulsory in the respective survey question. We recommend making survey questions skippable to ensure that answers are valid instead of having people just choose something or abandoning the survey altogether.
4. Why do you recommend the 10-point-scale in the best practice questions?
We use a 10-point-scale as this allows an eNPS to be calculated and benchmarks to be taken into account. You can find more information on the eNPS in this article. For a 5-point-scale, there is currently no benchmark nor an NPS.
5. Is it possible to have a set of questions in a survey that recur every time?
Yes. During the setup of your questions, you have the option to pause specific questions and the option to pin them. Pausing the question will mean that the question will not be asked in the next survey round, but it will remain saved within the survey. On the other hand, pinning a question will ensure that the question is asked in every survey round.
6. Can the answers in a survey be edited and saved to be finished later?
Yes, survey answers are auto-saved, so you can pause the participation and come back at any time to edit and submit your survey.
7. Can I still edit the kick-off date if a survey hasn’t been kicked off yet?
8. Can new participants be added to an ongoing survey round, and will they receive a notification to take part in the survey?
Yes, you can add new participants to an ongoing survey round, and they will also receive a notification to participate. You can find more information on how to do it in this article.
9. Why can’t I see comments for a specific team?
Comments will only be displayed if the anonymity threshold is reached (e.g., at least 3 comments per team are needed before they are displayed).
10. Can notifications & reminders for one specific survey be deactivated?
No, only for all surveys.
11. What is the trend in the list view of the survey results based on?
It compares the results of the survey round shown to the results of the previous survey round.
12. How is the performance quantile-based view in the Heatmap of the survey results calculated?
It divides the customers into 20% quantiles based on the average (complete) manager score they received in the latest performance review.
13. Does the language of the questions in a survey adapt to the language settings of each user?
Yes and No. If you use Leapsome’s best practice questions, they will be displayed in the language the participants have set up for themselves. If you have created the questions by yourself, the language of the survey will not adapt to the user’s settings. You can, however, use the translations feature and translate the questions into the relevant languages yourself.