It is always helpful to standardize processes - your organization saves time, which you can use for working on more interesting and strategic topics.
Why templates are useful
With the release of assessment cycle templates, you can now cover a broad spectrum of use cases:
- You can delegate performance assessment administration to managers by providing them with a standardized template that they can use to assess their teams.
- If you want, you can enable employees to set up their own 360 assessments by providing them with a great template that they can easily copy.
- Very soon, you will also be able to set up automations for probation period assessments based on an employees entry date and a specific template.
How to set up a cycle template
To set up a new cycle template, please navigate to the "Templates" tab and click "New". The process of setting up a cycle template is very similar to setting up an actual cycle. Here are the core differences:
- In the first step, you will select who should be able to use your template. By default, other admins can use your template. You can also enable managers or employees to use your templates. Managers will be able to set up cycles for their team (or teams they are part of), while employees will only be able to set up cycles for themselves.
- You will not select any participants. These will be selected when using / copying a template.
- Instead of selecting an actual timeline, you will define the steps of your cycle by defining the number of days between kickoff and each step. When a cycle is created, we will automatically prepare a corresponding timeline (which can still be edited).
- As soon as you "activate" a template, it will become visible to the corresponding people (admins and managers / employees, if selected).
How to use / copy an active template
Once you activated a template, it will become visible in the "templates" section for admins and - if applicable - managers or employees. From here, you can click the "Use" button to create a draft cycle based on the template.
What can be edited when I use a template?
To enforce standardization, only a few things can be changed when you create a cycle from a template. Scope / visibility settings and questions can generally not be changed.
- Admins will be able to update the name and description, change owners, select participants and update the timeline.
- Managers will be able to update the name and description, select participants from their team / teams they are part of and update the timeline.
- Employees will only be able to update the name, description update the timeline.
How to update a template
A template can be updated at any time, effective for all future copies of the template. If your template uses company or team skills, any changes in that section will automatically taken into account for future cycles created from the template.