- Configuration Steps
- Troubleshooting Tips
Automatic User Provisioning is supported for the Leapsome.
This enables Okta to:
- Add new users to Leapsome
- Update select fields in users’ profile information in Leapsome
- Deactivate users in Leapsome
- Push groups and memberships to Leapsome
The following provisioning features are supported:
- Pushing New Users: Creating a new user in Okta and assigning them to the Leapsome application will create a new user in Leapsome.
- Pushing User Profile Updates: Updates to a user in Okta will be pushed to Leapsome.
- Deactivating Users: Deactivating the user or disabling the user's access to Leapsome within OKTA will deactivate the user in Leapsome.
- Importing New Users: Users created in Leapsome can be pulled into Okta and turned into new AppUser objects for matching against existing Okta users.
- Pushing Groups: Groups created in Okta can be pushed to Leapsome. Attributes pushed include name and group members.
- Pulling Groups: Groups created in Leapsome can be pulled into Okta for reference within Okta.
Before you configure provisioning for Leapsome:
- Make sure you have configured the General Settings for the Leapsome app.
- Enable SCIM in your Leapsome account and generate an Access Token. To do so,
- Log in as an administrator, go to the "Admin settings"
- Select "SCIM user provisioning"
- Click "Save & Create Token".
Configure your Provisioning settings for Leapsome as follows:
On the "Integration" tab, choose the following settings
- Check the Enable provisioning features box.
- API Credentials:
- API Token: Place the Access Token from Leapsome here.
On the "To App" tab, enable the following options
- Create users (default username should be set to email)
- Update user attributes
- Deactivate users
In the SCIM attribute mappings, choose the following settings
On the "To Okta" tab, choose the following settings
- Schedule import: "Never"
- Okta username format: "Email"
- Do not allow "Profile & Lifecycle Mastering"
You can now assign people to the app and finish the setup.
Troubleshooting + Support
Cost center and department as "teams"
Leapsome uses "teams" to enable filtering of data and reports. If your organization uses the "cost center" or "department" attributes, we will therefore automatically create a new Leapsome team for each department or cost center and will automatically add the corresponding users to it.
Manager not syncing?
Make sure that the manager exists within Leapsome before provisioning. Leapsome will ignore any manager assignments that include managers not present in Leapsome.
Okta sends the manager information present in the managerId field for a given user. The information in the field can be
- an email address for the manager
- a Leapsome ID for the user
- Okta's ID for the user
Make sure this field is populated.
Changing a username?
Leapsome depends on the uniqueness of a user’s email address. Therefore, provisioning will fail if a user’s userName is updated but their email address is not.
Updates or de-provisioning not working for some users?
This issue may occur when a user was added to Leapsome manually or prior to SCIM being enabled. Please see the "Users added to Leapsome manually?" below.
Getting an "Email address already in use?" error when creating a user?
This error may occur when a user was added to Leapsome manually or prior to SCIM being enabled. Please see the "Users added to Leapsome manually?" below.
Users added to Leapsome manually?
Users added to Leapsome manually or before SCIM was enabled for the Leapsome account may not be tracked by Okta. To make Okta aware of these users' membership in Leapsome, perform an "Import" within Okta. Under the Leapsome app in Okta, find the "Import" tab, and click "Import Now".
A list of Leapsome users and possible associations with Okta users will be populated below. Click "Confirm Assignments" and these users will now be tracked, updated, and de-provisioned by Okta. Please make sure all of the users you would like to import from Leapsome are active as inactive users will not be imported by Okta.
We suggest to create groups in Okta first and then push those groups to Leapsome via the "Push Groups" button in Okta.
If you have groups already in Leapsome and want to associate those groups with groups in Okta, take the following steps:
- Create a group with the same name in Okta. For example, if a "Strategy" group exists in Leapsome, create a "Strategy" group in Okta.
- Add members to the group in Okta.
- Push the group to Leapsome (only the name of the group and its members will be pushed).
If a group in Okta has the same name as an existing group in Leapsome, pushing the group from Okta to Leapsome will not create a new group. Instead, the group from Okta will overwrite the membership of the group in Leapsome.