Sometimes you need to define more granular access rights and enable certain modules of our platform for a sub-group of your employees. Use cases could be, among others:
- Running a 360° assessment with external participants (for example, in a consulting business): Here, you would like to invite external participants to an assessment process without giving them access to goals or survey results.
- Enabling an individual user, team, or location to manage surveys: Here, you might want to limit the access to this feature to a sub-group of your employees.
- Enabling some users to set up and assign OKRs: Maybe you want to enable a few people to assign OKRs to anyone (without assigning them admin rights for the whole platform).
Setting up custom access rights
Limiting and granting access to specific modules can easily be accomplished in Leapsome:
- First, go to 'Admin Settings' and navigate to the specific module.
- Select the setting 'Enable for selected employees'.
- You now have the option to either 'Enable' or 'Disable' the module for an individual user, team, or location.
- After setting up custom access rights, please save your changes by clicking 'Update Access'.
Use case: Adding external employees to a specific module
360° reviews or OKR processes can involve external employees, such as freelancers, consultants, clients, or interim managers. If you would like to include them in a specific Leapsome process, you can grant them user-specific access rights to one module while keeping the other modules disabled.
To do so you need to create the account for the external employee by adding the email address under 'User & Teams'. Once you have done that you can just follow the description above to set up the custom access rights for externals.
Any restrictions won't apply to super admins, as this would effectively lock them out of the account.