About the integration
Our Rippling integration allows you to keep your user base on Leapsome up to date - completely automatically!
Once activated, the integration will automatically...
- create a new Leapsome user account for new employees that you on-board in Rippling - we will automatically synchronize the user's name, email address job title, department and manager,
- automatically send a Leapsome invite to all users that were provisioned from Rippling. Please note that sending invitations cannot be delayed; all user invites are sent immediately once the integration is activated.
- create 'teams' on Leapsome for every 'department' that you have created in Rippling. Members of that department will automatically be assigned to the corresponding team on Leapsome,
- assign direct manager rights on Leapsome based on your manager roles in Rippling - no need to re-establish your reporting lines,
- update all of the above based on your changes in Rippling. Changes may take up to 24 hours to be reflected on Leapsome.
Which data will be transferred?
The integration transfers the following attributes from Rippling to Leapsome:
- Name of the user (first name, last name, preferred name)
- Email of the user
- Hire date of the user
- Manager of the user
- Job title / position of the user
- Status of the employee (used to (de-) activate users)
- Department of the user
- Office Location
- Legal gender
- Birthday of the user
- Termination date of the user (if available)
Please make sure to grant access to these attributes when setting up the integration. Please note that - if the integration is enabled - changes in Rippling will override any changes manually made on Leapsome, apart from the team: Teams you manually added in Leapsome will remain active and not be changed by the integration, whereas departments that are synched from Rippling would be overwritten if you change a user's department in Rippling.
Just a note: If you already created teams manually in Leapsome before switching on the integration, please make sure that the teams you have in Leapsome are spelled exactly like in your HRIS (take into account spaces, commas, etc). Otherwise, the integration may add duplicate teams with a slightly different spelling to Leapsome.
You can set up our Rippling integration in a couple of simple steps:
- Please visit https://app.rippling.com/app-shop/app/leapsome and click 'Install'
- Follow Rippling's instructions and select which users should be provisioned to Leapsome
- At the end of the process, you will be redirected to Leapsome.
- If you're not logged in already, you will have to authenticate first to complete the installation.
And that's it - our platform will now automatically synchronize your user data from Rippling.
Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions
The 'Preferred Name' that is set up in Rippling is not showing in Leapsome
If you have set up the Rippling integration with Leapsome before August 2022, you need to re-install the integration, to be able to synchronize preferred names with Leapsome.
To do this, please navigate to the Rippling App shop, and search for the Leapsome App. In the top right corner, you should see that the status of that integration is 'Installed'.
To uninstall the integration, click on the 'Installed' button, navigate to the tab 'Settings' and click on 'Uninstall'. Click on the red button that reads 'Uninstall' once again, and confirm the uninstallation within the popup window. No data will be deleted from Leapsome, so you are safe to continue. Once that is done, just re-install the integration following the instructions above. The preferred name should now replace the (legal) first name in Leapsome, if it was defined for a user.
Will SSO be automatically enabled when using the Rippling integration?
No. Single Sign-On has to be set up separately and is not automatically enabled when you install the Leapsome App for Rippling. Here you can find more information on setting up Single-Sign On in Leapsome.
Can I use a different SSO provider when integrating Leapsome with Rippling?
You can freely decide for another SSO provider that supports the SAML protocol, when integrating your userbase with Rippling. Important for this is that the email addresses in Rippling and your SSO provider are matching for your employee base.