Check out this article for more FAQ's from survey participants.
1. Does Leapsome offer best practice questions for surveys?
Yes, Leapsome offers a catalog of best practice questions in a survey which can be used when creating a new survey. This catalog has been put together by industrial and organizational psychologists and is based on science and state-of-the-art practices. The following two articles give more insight into Leapsome's catalog of best practice questions: Help Center Article 1 and Help Center Article 2.
2. What amount of questions do Leapsome’s internal experts recommend for a survey round?
Generally, we advise not to make surveys too long, as this may discourage employees from answering all the questions. We suggest including about 10-15 questions in a quarterly survey. An additional factor to consider is the time between the different rounds of surveys. The longer the time between two rounds, the more questions could be used. Here you can find a blueprint created by our Customer Success team for that question specifically.
3. How can I make survey questions mandatory?
All survey questions can be skipped by design unless you tick the box, making it compulsory in the respective survey question. We recommend making survey questions skippable to ensure that answers are valid instead of having people just choose something or abandoning the survey altogether.
4. Why do you recommend the 10-point-scale in the best practice questions?
We use a 10-point-scale as this allows an eNPS to be calculated and benchmarks to be taken into account. You can find more information on the eNPS in this article. For a 5-point-scale, there is currently no benchmark nor an NPS.
5. Is it possible to have a set of questions in a survey that recur every time?
Yes. During the setup of your questions, you have the option to pause specific questions and the option to pin them. Pausing the question will mean that the question will not be asked in the next survey round, but it will remain saved within the survey. On the other hand, pinning a question will ensure that the question is asked in every survey round.
6. Can the answers in a survey be edited and saved to be finished later?
Yes, survey answers are auto-saved, so you can pause the participation and come back at any time to edit and submit your survey.
7. Can I still edit the kick-off date if a survey hasn’t been kicked off yet?
8. Can new participants be added to an ongoing survey round, and will they receive a notification to take part in the survey?
Yes, you can add new participants to an ongoing survey round, and they will also receive a notification to participate. You can find more information on how to do it in this article.
9. Why can’t I see comments for a specific team?
Comments will only be displayed if the anonymity threshold is reached (e.g., at least 3 comments per team are needed before they are displayed).
10. Which team is visible in the comments section when the participant is part of multiple teams?
Team attribution in the comments section of survey analytics when participants are part of multiple teams will be based on: the first team the user has been assigned in 'users and teams' and that meets the anonymity threshold.
11. Can notifications & reminders for one specific survey be deactivated?
No, only for all surveys.
12. What is the trend in the list view of the survey results based on?
It compares the results of the survey round shown to the results of the previous survey round.
13. How are updates in users' profile settings reflected in Survey Analytics?
Analytics are based on the 'snapshot' taken when the response was given. Therefore if a user was assigned to a different team during the course of the survey, the analytics will still reflect the original team the user was part of when answering the survey.
Our product team are currently working on a feature to allow for survey data filtering based on the latest data of users. This is currently the case with the 'Participation Rate' which reflects updated user profile settings in real time.
14. How is the performance quantile-based view in the Heatmap of the survey results calculated?
It divides the employees into 20% quantiles based on the average (complete) manager score they received in the latest performance review.
15. Does the language of the questions in a survey adapt to the language settings of each user?
Yes and No. If you use Leapsome’s best practice questions, they will be displayed in the language the participants have set up for themselves. If you have created the questions by yourself, the language of the survey will not adapt to the user’s settings. You can, however, use the translations feature and translate the questions into the relevant languages yourself.
16. Is it possible to re-open a closed survey?
Yes, survey owners can resume a closed survey at any point in the survey’s settings.
17. Why is my participation rate different when filtering or segmenting the analytics by teams?
If the team membership changes after the survey is submitted, you will see different participation rates in the analytics when filtering or segmenting the results.
For filtering (participation rate or heatmap), the system first checks which users currently fall within that filter and then checks all answers by those users. For segmentation, the system checks all answers that were submitted by users who were part of that team at the time of submitting the survey. If you then apply a filter on top, the system first gets the answers of all users that are part of that team today, then attributes the answers to the teams based on the team membership at the time of answering the survey.
18. What happens if I update a user's email address during an active round because they did not receive the notification to participate?
If you have the incorrect email address input in a user's profile when a survey round launches and your user did not receive the notification, you can update the user's email address in users & teams, and then go to admin settings > notifications, and resend the notification to that user again. The user will then receive the notification to participate in the active survey.
19. If a question is deleted from a recurring survey, will it still be visible in past surveys results?
If a question is deleted for future rounds, it will still show in analytics for past rounds as well as be able to be filtered for through the questions filter. All the results will remain for the deleted question, it just will not show in future rounds of the survey if it is deleted.
20. What happens if I edit a custom queston's category in a recurring survey?
A custom question category can be changed in between rounds (if working with a recurring survey), and will only affect future rounds launched so as to preserve the consistency of survey insight data.
21. Why are there different number of results between the heatmap and list view?
The heatmap team segments show team memberships based at the time of submitting the answer.
The list view (& Filters) use the current team assignments. In the event that employees switch teams, the results between the heatmap and list view may differ to reflect team assignment based on when the survey was submitted, or what the current team assignment is.
22. Why can I not see all the rounds I include in a filter when filtering by rounds in list view?
The list view shows the answers from the latest round where that question was asked which is the date shown underneath the question. So once that round is included in your filter selection, you will not see any further changes for that question. This is different in the heatmap, where you will see the aggregate result for all rounds for a given question.