Watch our video on how to set up skills here.
As a Leapsome admin, you can create a Development Framework for your company. To do so, please click on 'Development Framework' in the bottom-left corner of the Leapsome home screen.
Viewing your Skills
You can view your current set of skills in a list and a matrix view. Each new skill within the framework can be assigned to 'Everyone' (i.e., applicable to the whole company) or a specific team. Skills must also be associated with a category, which helps visually aggregate skills in analytics.
To create a skill, click the 'Create skill' button in the top right-hand corner. When creating or editing a skill, you'll go through the following steps:
- Name your skill by a short but descriptive name.
- Assign a category for data aggregation later on.
- Assign a team if it is a team skill, or uncheck that option to make it a general / company-wide skill.
- Determine if you want the options to hide the skill from the instant feedback module or if you want to make the skill a specialist skill.
A specialist skill can only be reviewed by people from the associated team, allowing you to add technical skills not reviewed by peers from other teams.
- Write the default description to describe what the skill generally is and why it's important.
- Write level descriptions to any seniority levels you've created.
For example, what's expected from a junior employee for 'Problem-solving' might be very different from the expectations for a senior-level executive. This means you'll want to write a different description of those expectations for each level (if you have levels).
You can leave the level description boxes for teams not assigned to this skill empty.
- Click 'Update Skill' at the bottom to save your work.
By combining levels and teams, Leapsome's Development Framework allows you to create team-specific career tracks. When filtering for a team in review analytics, you'll only see the skills and levels relevant for that team.
Here is an example of a team skill with different skill levels:
Export Development Framework Matrix
You can also import or export your Development matrix to further build your framework. Go to Development Framework > 'Actions' > 'Import/Export' and download the template for your matrix. You can then fill in the excel template and re-upload it to create or update your skills for your development framework.
You can further customize your Skills Matrix by: