With Leapsome, you can create a competency framework as the basis for performance reviews, 360s, and giving feedback. A competency framework helps employees understand what is expected of them and how to improve, provides managers with a structured way to provide effective feedback, and allows an Admin to have insights into the development of company competencies.
The framework is created by defining competencies expected to be worked on by the entire company or members of specific teams.
With Leapsome’s competency framework, you can clearly define the expectations for each competency at different seniority levels within the organization and visualize this on a competency framework. This means individuals can immediately see what is expected of them at their level and can begin to understand where they excel and where they need to improve.
Why competency frameworks are useful
With the competency framework matrix feature, we aim to help you facilitate employee development, foster fair reviews, and boost engagement. The competency framework allows you to:
- Define competencies, competencies, or company values to create transparency about career growth
- Map out clear career paths for your employees
- Set clear expectations and provide your employees with a pathway towards the next level of seniority
- Create team-specific tracks and allow employees to receive function- and level-specific feedback by integrating competencies into reviews
- Allow employees to set up development goals based on competencies
- Enroll employees onto learning paths based on competencies
- Consult powerful analytics across review cycles
- Give managers and employees a solid foundation upon which they can build and deliver effective and targeted feedback