About this integration
Using our JIRA Integration, you can link JIRA issues with existing Leapsome goals. Once connected, you can easily navigate between the Leapsome goal and the JIRA issue wit just a few clicks.
Using this integration, you can:
- Link or unlink JIRA Issues while editing Goals in Leapsome
- Review linked Jira Issues on within the overview of the connected Leapsome goal
- Link or unlink Leapsome Goals to/from JIRA Issues directly in JIRA, using the sidebar to the right of the issue body
- View linked Leapsome Goals and Key Results in the JIRA Issue view, using the sidebar to the right of the issue body
Setting up the integration
As an Admin in Leapsome, you can set up our Jira integration in a few simple steps.
Before you're getting started
- Currently, Leapsome only supports cloud-based Jira instances and it does not support on-premise Jira setup.
You need to be an Admin for Leapsome and for JIRA to set up the integration.
- The user matching uses email addresses as the only matching criteria - please make sure you use the same company email addresses in both services.
1. Enable the integration in Leapsome
- In Leapsome, go to Settings > Integrations > Jira and click 'Enable'
- You will be redirected to a page that lets you review the permissions Leapsome will get by enabling the integration
- Please double-check, if you are logged in to the correct JIRA Admin account in the top right corner
- Grant the requested permissions
- You will be redirected to Leapsome, where now the only option would be to 'Disable' the integration
2. Install the Leapsome App from the App Marketplace
- In JIRA, go to 'Apps' > 'Explore more Apps', type in 'Leapsome' and click 'Get App'.
- After the App was installed, it will add a Leapsome section to the sidebar of every issue, where users registered on both platform will be able to link/unlink Leapsome Goals, as well as review existing ones.
3. Start linking your goals
- Navigate to a JIRA issue of your choice, and find the Leapsome App in the sidebar on the right-hand side, click on 'Linked Goals', type in the name of the Leapsome-Goal you want to link to the issue, and select the goal from the List
- In Leapsome, select a goal of your choice, click on 'Actions' > 'Edit', and within the 'Details' sectoon, type in the name of your desired JIRA issue and select it from the option list - don't forget to save your goal
Visibility and Access Rights
- Leapsome does not store any Personally Identifiable Information received from JIRA services, the only information Leapsome stores is the matching JIRA Account ID
- If you have users within your JIRA instance, that do not have access to Leapsome, these will not be able to see data from Leapome within JIRA
- Of course, the integration respects visibility settings set in Leapsome
Find more information on the Leapsome Jira Integration in our Blog article.