What the integration does
You can use Leapsome’s integration with Microsoft Teams to share public praise, celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries as well as to receive Leapsome notifications, reminders, and alerts directly into your Team's workspace, making it much easier to stay on top of to-dos. The integration covers two key functionalities:
Send private notifications
With Leapsome’s integration with Microsoft Teams, users can receive notifications, reminders, and digests for the following events:
- Praise and Instant Feedback - receive a notification if a colleague has sent you feedback or if a colleague has requested feedback from you.
- Performance Reviews - receive notifications if you are required to complete a performance review for yourself, your manager, a direct report, or a peer.
- Upcoming Meetings - receive notifications for upcoming meetings with a reminder to check and update the agenda with talking points.
- Employee Engagement Surveys - receive notifications and reminders if your participation is required in an employee survey.
- Goal Digests - receive notifications updating you with the status and progress of the goals and OKRs you are involved in.
Receive notifications in a channel
You can choose to display public praise sent via Leapsome in a public Teams channel. This way, all team members are notified and celebrate their colleagues‘ successes.
Notifications about work anniversaries and birthdays will be posted in the same public channel as praise, which you can select during the setup. If you navigate in Leapsome to 'Admin settings' > 'basic settings' you can activate the celebration feature for Microsoft Teams. Leapsome pulls the birthdates and start dates of users from your entries in 'Users & Teams'.
Setting up the Microsoft Teams integration
Before you get started
- Please make sure that your Users are already active in Leapsome once you start setting up the integration - otherwise, the synchronization won’t work.
- Ensure that the email address your colleagues use in Leapsome is the same as in Microsoft Teams.
- Ensure that you are an admin for Leapsome and have the Global Administrator Role in Azure AD to set up the integration. If someone else is the admin for your Microsoft Teams workspace, you can give them admin rights to Leapsome for the setup time by visiting the ‘Users & Teams‘ settings in Leapsome.
- Ensure to communicate Leapsome among your colleagues before setting up the Microsoft Teams integration, as you are about to install, e.g., a chatbot for them, that they might be surprised about.
1. Activate the Integration in Leapsome
Visit Leapsome and navigate to Settings > 'Integrations' and click on the 'Microsoft Teams' Tab.
Click 'Install Leapsome App'.
2. Authorize Leapsome to access your Microsoft Teams workspace
You then will be redirected to a Microsoft Login page. Please log in with your Global Administrator credentials and give Leapsome the required permissions to access your Microsoft Teams workspace.
3. Configure the integration in Leapsome
In a last step, you will be redirected to Leapsome again. On the 'Microsoft Teams' Tab within the integration settings, you should now see a drop-down menu. Please select the team, for which you want to set up the integration, from this list. Please note that you currently cannot set up the integration for multiple Teams at once.
Up next, another drop-down menu presents all the public channels Leapsome was able to find in your selected team. Please select the channel, that all public praise should be posted in, from the list.
Confirm your settings by clicking 'Change Team/Channel' and you're all set!
Leapsome will start to install the integration for all users within and send a confirmation message using the Leapsome Chatbot in Microsoft Teams. Please note that the initial synchronization may take up to 2 hours to be completed.
Optional: Setting Up the integration for a private Team
By default, Leapsome will only show public teams in the drop-down menu during the setup process, as the full list of private Teams may contain sensitive information, that should not be visible to all your Leapsome Admins.
If you, however, want to set up the integration for a private team, one of your local Leapsome Super-Admins has to allow this in the integrations settings by checking the option 'List private Microsoft Teams for regular Leapsome admins'. You can then select a private Team and Channel that should be used for the integration.
After the setup is complete, the Super-Admin can then un-check this option again and thus hide private teams from the drop-down menu.
Additional customization: Work anniversary and birthday celebrations
You can activate automated celebrations in MS Teams for work anniversaries and birthdays by visiting 'Settings' > 'Admin Settings' > 'Basic settings' in Leapsome and ticking the respective options. If you activate these features, you can also set up a company language, which will define in which language the celebration message will be shown in MS Teams. Similarly, you can set up a primary time zone, to make sure that the notification is sent during working hours for this time zone.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
Can I test the integration with only a small team?
Yes, if you're a Leapsome admin. Make sure there is data in Leapsome that can be displayed in Teams. Install the Leapsome App as described, and make sure to select only your testing team from the drop-down menu. Once your tests are complete, you can repeat the installation for the wider Team.
Can I connect Leapsome to more than one team within our organization in Microsoft Teams?
No, currently you can only connect Leapsome to one team in Microsoft Teams.
I cannot find my preferred teams in the drop-down list in Leapsome - what can I do?
As the list of private Teams may contain sensitive information that should not be visible to all Admins in Leapsome, Leapsome hides these teams from the dropdown menu by default. If you wish to install the Leapsome App for a private Team instead, please follow the steps in this section.
Can I set up to only or never be notified through Teams?
Users can set their notification preferences in Leapsome. They have to click on their name in the top right corner of the screen, click on ‘Profile Settings‘ and then edit their settings in the ‘Notifications‘ section.
It seems like the integration is only working for some people. What happened?
- Please note that the integration of the bot will only work for the users that are part of the team in which you installed the Leapsome App. Double-check if all users are part of this team.
- Please make sure your colleagues have activated their Leapsome accounts - otherwise, their Teams account has not yet been synchronized with Leapsome, and they can’t use the integration properly.
- Please make sure that your colleagues use the same email address in Teams and Leapsome. Otherwise, the sync does not work.
- If you recently set up the integration, the initial synchronization may not be complete. It may take up to 1-2 hours until all users have been synchronized and can use the integration.
- In some cases the integration is not activated on the first run for all users. In these cases the chatbot will re-install itself for these users after at least 2 notifications were not able to be delivered through the integration - so if your users receive a regular flow of notifictions from Leapsome, this issue will resolve itself after a few days
- If the chatbot installation was successful for users, they should recieve a 'Welcome'-message from our MS Teams chatbot
Will my Leapsome meetings be displayed in the calendar in Teams?
Yes, but only if you use the most recent version of our Outlook integration and have your Outlook calendar connected with Microsoft Teams. Then your Leapsome events should not only appear in your regular Outlook Calendar but also in Teams.
Can I send instant feedback or praise directly from MS Teams?
This is currently not possible. To send instant feedback or praise, please open Leapsome.