The excel import is a fast and easy way for admins to import any existing goals. Admins can find the import function under 'Admin settings' > 'Goals and OKRs' > scroll to the bottom of the page beneath 'Goal Tags.'
To import the goals, copy the sample spreadsheet, and replace the dummy data with your actual goal data while maintaining the given column format exactly. If you change any formatting, none of your data will upload. All columns marked as (*) are required fields.
Each row is one goal and its key results. Each section after the first (past the black line) is where you will fill in Key Results (if there were any). If the goals you're uploading do not have Key Results, please leave everything after the first black line blank.
Provide the following data for each goal:
- The goal title (*)
- A description for the goal
- The goal owner's email address, team name, or company(*)
- Managed by (team/company goals only)
- Contributor email
- Goal tags (only pre-existed tags created on Leapsome will be added)
- Business goal (yes/no)
- Goal Cycles (only pre-existed tags created on Leapsome will be added)
- Whether the goal is visible to all colleagues (yes/no)(*)
- Whether the goal is archived (yes/no)(*)
- The goal's deadline
- Parent goal (business goals only)
- Link to a skill (personal development goals only)
Provide the following data for each key result :
- start value*
- current value*
- target value for any key results (KR1)*
- Owner email
- Contributor email
- Weight (%)
* Any field that is marked with an (*) is required in order to be uploaded
* Goals can only be connected to parent goals that already exist in the system, therefore it is the best practice to upload the top-level goals first, then upload child goals that link to the pre-existing parent goals.
Please note: The spreadsheet upload allows a maximum of twelve key results per goal.
Afterward upload the file under 'Admin settings' > 'Goals and OKRs' > 'Import historical goals' and review the newly set up goals in the Goal module!