Leapsome allows you to create a culture of continuous, learning-oriented feedback. These features integrates neatly with other modules of the Leapsome platform but can also be used stand-alone (here's an article on how to disable other modules).
This article points you to all relevant resources if you want to create an instant feedback for the first time:
- You decide who should see the feedback: Depending on the options enabled for your account, feedback is either completely private between you and the receiver, or can be shared with the manager of the person receiving feedback. Visibility settings cannot be changed retroactively, so if you give private feedback, it will remain private.
- 'Praise' can be private or public. If you choose to give public praise, it will appear in your company's praise feed and - if your company has enabled our Slack integration - will be pushed to a dedicated Slack channel where other colleagues can see it.
- Feedback is not anonymous. We believe that a digital platform is a tool that should enable real-life conversations. To be able to follow up with your colleagues on feedback received, you need to know who they are.
- Before you start using the feedback module, you should check out the Skills page. It contains a best-practice framework for structured feedback. In this space, you can add company values or other skills that you deem relevant for your employees (see detailed article). You can even add skills for specific teams / departments (learn more). We will use these dimensions to trigger more specific feedback during feedback sessions.
- Now you're ready for your first feedback session. On the Instant Feedback tab, click the 'Give Feedback' button and select any user to start a feedback session. You can provide a general comment and evaluate the employee on individual skills. By default, you will see an algorithmic selection of relevant skills to evaluate which you can always change by clicking 'Pick specific' (see detailed article).
- Just as you can give feedback to any colleague, you can also run self-reflections (see article), the results of which are only visible to you.
- Aggregated results of your feedback are visible on your Home tab. If you click on any skill, you will see a timeline comparing feedback and self-reflections over time (see article). You will also see individual feedback messages in the sidebar and can add comments or like them.
- Users, managers, and admins can also see aggregated stats for individual teams (for managers) or the entire company on the 'Analytics' tab. These results are anonymized and only visible once a certain number of people have received feedback (learn more here).
- Recommend reading: Our interview with Claudia Braun on building a successful feedback culture.
Recommend watching: Our User Tutorial on how to give and receive instant feedback.