Leapsome allows you to manage your indvidual, team or company goals and OKRs in a highly interactive and transparent way. The feature integrates neatly with other modules of the Leapsome platform but can also be used stand-alone (here's an article on how to disable other modules).
This article points you to all relevant resources if you want to start using the module right away. You can also watch the related User Tutorial on how to start with Goals & OKRs.
- To get a feel of how the module works, it's easiest to simply set up a sample goal - you can later remove this. As you will see, the module enables both lightweight goal setting and relatively detailed objective/key result methodology. Here's a guide that explains possible settings of a single goal.
- Once your goal is set up, you can edit its settings or simply update its progress (here's how that works). Any contributors will be informed about your updates via a notification. If you think that a goal should no longer be editable, you can freeze its progress. If you have any questions about how progress is calculated, please refer to this article.
- In our opinion, goal setting and tracking should be an active conversation. That's why you can give feedback on any goal that you can see and request feedback from your colleagues if you need help (here's a detailed article on this).
- Goals can be created for individuals, teams / departments or the entire company. Admins can also create tags - these can be used to categorize goals by period (for example "Q4 / 2018") or purpose (for example "Development goals" vs. "Performance goals"). Tags can be set up in the admin settings.
- If you work with the OKR methodology and want to carry out weekly check-ins with your team, we recommend to set up a non-anonymous survey (via our Surveys module) for this (learn more about this here).
- Gettings started with OKRs? You can find our blueprint on the goal and OKR process here.