Leapsome allows you to run highly automated performance reviews, 360° reviews or leadership reviews. The feature integrates neatly with other modules of the Leapsome platform but can also be used stand-alone (here's an article on how to disable other modules).
This article points you to all relevant resources if you want to set up a review for the first time:
- Optional: If your company uses a structured evaluation framework, e.g. company values, you can set this up on the Skills page (see detailed article). Doing this before setting up your first review allows you to use a consistent framework across all future reviews. Alternatively, you can skip this step and use custom question for each review.
- Optional: By default, Leapsome uses a 5-point scale for structured review questions. You can customize this scale and its labels in the admin settings (see detailed article). Your settings apply to all structured questions in all future reviews, which is why we recommend doing this before your first review.
- Optional: You can only add participants to review that were at least created (not necessarily invited) on the Users & Teams page. Which is why we recommend to check out how to import your user base via Excel or one of our integrations.
- You're now ready to create your first review. Reviews are organized in cycles that contain participants, settings for scope, anonymity, questions and a timeline. This guide helps you to set up your first review cycle, step by step.
- Need to run a similar review afterwards? You can easily clone existing reviews to save time (see detailed article).
- Want to learn more about performance review best practices? Check out our free eBook on 360° performance reviews.