How to sequentially roll out the Leapsome platform at your company to reach your People Enablement goals
You just bought the Leapsome platform for your company and want to know where to start, which modules of the platform to implement first and in which order?
In this roll-out plan we share what we have learned from Leapsome customers and our internal product experts to answer those questions! This document focuses on different use cases around holistic Performance Management, Employee Engagement and People Enablement and how to sequentially build them into the Leapsome platform.
If you are looking for a project management plan that details all necessary steps to make the Leapsome implementation a success, check out our implementation guide. Please note, 1:1 onboarding support requires a minimum contract of 50 licenses.
Define your objectives
This is really the most important step. As specified in our implementation guide, clearly define your goals and objectives of why you want to use Leapsome at your company. You should be able to answer the following questions:
1. What is your overall objective for using Leapsome?
- See table below for common objectives
2. What would make using Leapsome a success? How do you know that you’ve achieved the objective? e.g.
- Is it that you want to get clear data & analytics about what’s going on in your company and how employees are feeling / about employee performance / about goal and OKR achievement?
- Is it that you want to have a high adoption and engagement rate among your employees?
- Is it that you want to reach a certain participation rate for your survey / review cycle / goal cycle etc.?
- Is it that you save a certain amount of time per month that was invested in manual processes prior to using Leapsome?
- Is it that you want to get positive feedback from employees at your company about the new performance management / employee engagement / goal management / learning management system?
- Or something else?
3. What is your timeline for rolling it out?
- Do you want to invite everyone to use the platform, start and complete the first process in 3 weeks / in 2 months / in 4 months?
4. In which sequence will you roll out the platform (all employees at the same time or team by team)
5. How will you get feedback from your users?
Taking time aside to clearly define those questions will later help you measure success, while making sure you focus on the important topics first.
Afterwards: Decide how you want to start and in which order to roll out the modules
Once you have defined your objective as well as answers to the above mentioned questions, you can start focusing on making a plan for sequentially rolling out which modules. We suggest starting with no more than 3 modules in the beginning. This helps your employees to get acquainted with Leapsome and to focus on the most important features first.
Depending on you overall objectives, we recommend starting your roll-out with the following modules:
You can find a specific project plan for each objective by clicking on the provided link. Additionally, you'll find a guide or blueprint for each individual module by clicking on the module names above.
Get regular feedback from your users
After you have completed your first months of using Leapsome or e.g. closed the first review cycle, gather feedback from your employees. What did they like? Do they feel they can incorporate Leapsome in their workday?
Once adoption is high and you feel like you want to start rolling out more Leapsome modules, we recommend doing it one at a time to give your employees enough room for testing and getting used to the new feature (as described in the use case for Performance Management above).
If you need a better overview on how to best use a module, you can always have a look in our help center or contact your Leapsome Customer Success Manager to give you an intro.