Leapsome's Learning module helps you easily create training, onboarding, and other educational content for your employees. You can either create learning content from your internal materials or curate third-party content into your library. Quickly add documents, videos, text, articles, open questions and more to build up your library.
The Learning module is built around the following functions:
Learning paths guide employees through a completely customizable curriculum. You can create an unlimited number of paths and assign employees (manually or through automation rules) to complete them. By setting timelines for content releases and deadlines for completion, you keep learning progress on track. Learning Paths can also be targeted based on team and/or tenure to allow for a more tailored approach to specific groups within your organization. Each path includes numerous steps that you can fill with learning elements (content) usable across paths. Here is our article on how to set up your first learning path.
Learning elements are the building blocks of the Learning Module. Learning elements are pieces of content you upload (either self-made or curated) to combine to form Learning paths.
Leapsome currently supports five types of learning elements:
- Articles: Articles are the most typical type of learning element. An article can be a link to an external or internal webpage, a PDF document, a presentation, an infographic, etc.
- Videos: Videos uploads are similar to articles but with different format optimizations. Videos natively support YouTube links (more supports can be added if needed) and popular video file formats, such as .mp4.
- Quizzes: To ensure your employees have understood the learning material, our interactive quizzes help you test learners' newly acquired knowledge. These quizzes come in the form of multiple-choice answers with one correct response (that you define).
- Tasks: If those going through a learning path should complete a specific task, you would specify this with the task learning element. You can define the task, and include any associated contacts the learner can use, should they need assistance.
- Open questions: Open questions allow for a more in-depth and personalized assessment of employees’ learning and understanding. They encourage critical thinking and problem-solving and can be an effective tool to support learning and improve the effectiveness of the acquired material. You can define if approval is required, who will review the answer, and if the employee can move on to the next step.
- Existing courses: You can easily upload E-Learning courses from external providers to Leapsome and integrate them in your Leapsome learning paths. For this, we support industry standard formats such as SCORM, xAPI, AICC, and CMI5.
Continuous people development should be a strategic priority. Thus, you must be able to track the success of your learning programs. In the Learning Dashboard of each path, you get a clear overview of employee learning progress. You can see enrollment numbers, who will soon be enrolled, and completion rates both as an aggregate across the company and for individual employees. You can clearly see who is already benefiting from your program and who might need an extra hand.