Welcome to your free trial with Leapsome
Leapsome is built for the whole organization; executives, HR teams, managers, and the individual employee. With Leapsome, you can:
- Improve talent retention by introducing continuous, learning-oriented feedback
see guide: Getting started with instant feedback
- Save precious time by automating 360° and performance assessments
see guide: Getting started with 360° and performance assessments
- Develop your talent by delivering personalized learning content to every employee
see guide: Getting started with Learning
- Be more effective by enabling structured meetings
see guide: Getting started with meetings
- Create better alignment between teams by tracking goals and OKRs
see guide: Getting started with goals & OKRs
- Measure the pulse of your company to make better people decisions
see guide: Getting started with surveys
An important side note
The Leapsome platform is completely modular. Each of the features mentioned above can be used individually as a stand-alone tool. They are also integrated and work really well together. The choice is yours as to how many of the features you would like to use within your organization. You can customize which modules are turned on or off under 'Admin Settings' within each individual module.
Your first login
To get started, follow the link that we have emailed to you and create your account. Your account has admin rights, so you can explore Leapsome both as an administrator and also as a user (which is how the majority of the employees within your organization will experience Leapsome).
As an administrator, as you would expect, you have full access to the platform to be able to do things like set up review cycles, view survey results, and customize the platform to your needs. As a user, you can do things like give feedback, write assessments and create meetings.
If you want, you can start customizing this account to your needs right away. Once you decide to introduce Leapsome to your organization, you will be able to keep this account and all of its settings.
Accessing your dashboard
Employees see current tasks and notifications on the 'Home' tab. They also see current goals, feedback, meetings, and a summary of the feedback they have received.
Things To Try
- Leapsome can be used in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Chinese, and many more languages. If you want to change your interface language, you can switch it by clicking on the setting wheel in the top right corner and navigating to 'Profile Settings'.
- Scroll down to see the summary of instant feedback received. Click on any skill to see a timeline of your feedback.
- You can later customize these company and team skills for your account.
Adding colleagues to your account
We recommend that you invite at least one other colleague to your Leapsome account to try out the platform with you. You will get a better feel for how the various features work if you have more than one perspective.
Of course, you can invite everyone in your company if you would like. The trial period gives everyone full access to the platform’s functionality. Here is the full guide explaining how you can invite / import new colleagues to your Leapsome account.
Giving and requesting (instant) feedback
Next, let's move on to the 'Instant Feedback' tab This is where employees can give or request feedback to anyone in the organization, at any time.
Things to try
- Give feedback to any colleague. This will always be private between you and the receiver. You can give open feedback or select specific skills to give feedback on.
If you just want to take a private note and give feedback later, select 'take private note' on the Instant Feedback home page instead. This note will only be visible to you and live on the profile of the receiver. You can also access it when writing an assessment about the person.
- Give praise to any colleague. Praise can be private or public, meaning that it will be displayed in the 'praise' feed. Giving praise and making it publicly visible is a great way to improve morale and drive engagement. Praise can also be pushed to a Slack channel via our Slack integration - our put on a TV screen in your office with our Praise Wall.
- Request feedback from a colleague. You can optionally customize the skills that you want to receive feedback on by selecting 'Pick specific skill'.
- If you have some time, enable our Slack integration and give feedback or add talking points via one of these integrations.
Conducting effective 1:1 and team meetings
The 'Meetings' tab is also the starting point to organize your meetings: These ensure that managers and their teams connect and discuss important topics on a regular basis.
Things to try
- Create a new (1:1) meeting by clicking on the 'create' button. Here's a more detailed guide on how to manage your meetings.
- Create an agenda, add talking points for your meeting and define action items. Within the meeting settings, you can choose from a range of suggested agenda and discussion topics that can be added with one click.
- Set a reminder for your meeting. Leapsome will automatically send you a list of your talking points on the morning before the meeting.
- Add your meetings from Leapsome to your existing calendar. Here is a guide on how the calendar integration works.
Running 360° and performance assessments
Let's have a look at the 'Reviews' / 'Assessments' tab. From here, you as the account administrator can easily customize, launch and manage any type of assessment (performance, 360°, leadership assessments etc.). Check out our best practices on how to start your first review cycle.
Contributors can easily write meaningful assessments by viewing the employee's past feedback - no more need to dig through past emails or notes.
Things to try
- Go to 'Cycles' and open the demo assessment cycle. This is what the live control center of your assessment cycles will look like from the administrator's perspective. You can click on any participant to get a live preview of the current cycle status.
- Go to 'To Do' and open one of the items. This will give you an idea of the participant's perspective.
- Have a couple of minutes? Create your first assessment cycle. Here's a step-by-step guide. We recommend testing this with a couple of colleagues so you can see reminders in action.
- On the Analytics button, you will later find in-depth analytics of your assessment cycles - allowing you to compare teams, development over time, etc.
Delivering personalized learning content
Next up, let's dive into the 'Learning' tab. The learning module allows you to create a superior learning experience by delivering the right learning content to the right employees, at the right time. This can be used for ongoing development or for onboarding new hires.
Things to try
- Create your first piece of learning content (otherwise known as a learning element). Here's a guide on how to create and manage learning elements. You could also jump into creating a quiz.
- Create a Learning Path. A Learning Path is a completely customizable curriculum. You can add your learning content to the path and target the path to be delivered to certain employees. Learn how to create a Learning path.
Tracking goals (OKRs) and creating alignment
Move on to the 'Goals' tab. Here's where you can set individual, team, or company goals. The module is flexible - you can implement traditional goal-setting methods or use modern OKRs. Check out our best practices on how to work with goals and OKRs.
The goals can be given a hierarchy which automatically creates a goal tree visualization giving you an easy way to keep an overview of your organization’s goals and the progress towards targets.
Things to try
- Check out the dummy goal we've created for you. As you can see, it contains a top-level metric and a couple of key results. Feel free to update any metric.
- Give feedback on the dummy goal. As a goal owner, you can also request feedback on any goal if you need input, effectively turning goal tracking into an interactive conversation.
- Go back to the goal overview and click 'Create' to create a new goal with a couple of key results. Here's a guide that explains the settings in more detail.
- Once you have created a few goals, you can link them via the 'parent goal' property and visualize your goal tree.
- Using OKRs? You can easily set up weekly/bi-weekly check-ins via non-anonymous surveys (see next section).
Running engagement surveys
Finally, let's have a look at the 'Surveys' tab. Here's where you can define set up and (automatically) trigger regular engagement surveys to capture the pulse of your company. Check out our survey best practices to have an easy start on the module.
Things to try
- Create your first survey: Here are some articles that explain how to pick your questions, choose participants and select a timeline along with some best practice guidelines.
- Answers to surveys will be anonymous. Here's how the questionnaire looks like from the participant's perspective (login is not required):
Over the course of your free trial, we recommend that you try out the full range of features available within the Leapsome platform and spend additional time on the specific features that will be most relevant to your organization.
If you have any questions about any of the features or any questions about Leapsome at all for that matter, please feel free to get in touch with our support team and they will help you as soon as possible.
What people say about Leapsome
-- Max Viessmann
Group CEO, Viessmann Group
"Leapsome is saving us lots of time during our performance reviews and helps us to build an open, value-oriented feedback culture. We've compared several platforms and Leapsome stood out convincingly - it's user-friendly, intuitive and highly customisable. As a manager, I love how fast and openly the team at Leapsome reacts to our feedback and suggestions."
-- Dr. Christian Grobe
Co-Founder at Billie, Former Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Co
"Since we started using Leapsome the feedback everyone was always asking for is now finally given and requested more consistently. Leapsome enables us to build the effective and transparent feedback and communication culture that we need as a fast-growing company. We evaluated different tools and Leapsome is the only tool that caters to our needs as an organziation operating under holacracy."
"Leapsome is a great tool which ensures that Campanda’s employees give each other meaningful feedback with high frequency. In a fast-growing company like ours, it is an invaluable platform to scale a development-oriented culture!"
-- Frederik Froehle,
COO & Co-Founder, Campanda
"I am convinced Leapsome is absolutely indispensable for fast-growing companies, where people need to develop fast and you want them to stay engaged. Retrospectively I would have implemented it much earlier and not wasted time and resources on tedious Google Forms-driven processes. I also love the Leapsome team’s openness to feedback. It’s very cool to see how serious they take customer suggestions and how flexible they are in optimising features. True feedback souls!"
-- Amanda Heeg
Senior HR Manager at Juniqe