A quick word on why we built Leapsome
Rapid technological change is transforming the way we work. Companies have to break down communication barriers and become more agile to stay competitive. Continuous learning becomes paramount as skill requirements change ever more quickly. The war for specialized talent is heating up. These changes require a new way of thinking about people and performance management - an employee-centric, learning-oriented approach.
We built Leapsome for managers, HR teams and the individual employee. With Leapsome, you can
- improve talent retention by introducing continuous, learning-oriented feedback
see guide: Getting started with continuous feedback
- save precious time by automating 360° and performance reviews
see guide: Getting started with 360° and performance reviews
- be more effective by enabling structured 1:1 meetings
see guide: Getting started with 1:1 meetings
- create better alignment between teams by tracking goals and OKRs
see guide: Getting started with goals & OKRs
- measure the pulse of your company to make better people decisions
see guide: Getting started with surveys
An important side note
Our platform is completely modular. You can customize the modules that you want to use under "Admin Settings" > "Enable / Disable Features".
Your first login
To get started, follow the link we've emailed you earlier and create your account. Your account has admin rights, so you can explore Leapsome both as a user (giving feedback, writing reviews, creating 1:1 meetings, etc.) and as an administrator (view full review cycle results, etc.).
If you want, you can start customizing this account to your needs right away. Once you decide to introduce Leapsome to your organization, you will be able to keep this account (and remove all dummy data).
Accessing your dashboard
Employees see current tasks and notifications on the "Home" tab. They also see current goals, feedback, 1:1 meetings and a summary of the feedback received.
Things To Try
- Leapsome can be used in English or German. If you prefer German as an interface language, you can switch it via "My Settings" > "Platform language".
- Scroll down to see the summary of continuous feedback received. Click on any "skill" to see a timeline of your feedback.
- You can later customize these company and team skills for your account.
Giving and requesting feedback
Next, let's move on to the "Feedback and 1:1s" tab. From this tab, employees can give or request feedback to anyone in the organization, at any time. Feedback is by default private between sender and receiver and can be open or structured.
Things to try
- Give feedback to any colleague. This will always be private between you and the receiver. You can give open feedback or select specific skills to give feedback on.
If you just want to take a private note and give feedback later, select "take private note" from the "feedback" dropdown instead. This note will only be visible to you and live on the profile of the receiver. You can also access it when writing a review about the person.
- Give praise to any colleague. Praise can be private or public, meaning that it will be displayed in the "praise" feed (and pushed to a Slack channel if the integration is enabled).
- Request feedback from a colleague. You can optionally customize the skills that you want to receive feedback on by selecting "Pick specific skill".
- If you have some time, enable our Slack or Gmail integration and give feedback or add talking points via one of these integrations.
Holding structured 1:1 meetings
The "Feedback & 1:1s" tab is also the starting point to organize your 1:1 meetings: These ensure that managers and their teams connect and discuss their work frequently.
Things to try
- Create a new 1:1 meeting by clicking on any "1:1 meeting" button and adding your first talking point. Here's a more detailed guide on how to manage your 1:1 meetings.
- Set a reminder for your meeting. Leapsome will automatically send you a list of your talking points on the morning before the meeting.
Running 360° and performance reviews
Let's have a look at the "Reviews" tab. From here, the HR team can easily customize, launch and manage any type of review (performance, 360°, leadership reviews etc.)
Reviewers can easily write meaningful reviews by viewing the employee's past feedback - no more need to dig through past emails or notes.
Things to try
- Go to "Admin" and open the demo review cycle. This is what the live control center of your review cycles will look like from the administrator perspective. You can click on any participant to get a live preview of the current review status.
- Go to "To Do" and open one of the items. This will give you an idea of the participant perspective. As you can see when creating a review answer, any previous feedback you have provided will be resurfaced.
- Have a couple of minutes? Create your first review cycle. Here's a step by step guide. We recommend to test this with a couple of colleagues so you can see reminders in action.
- On the Analytics tab, you will later find in-depth analytics of your review cycles - allowing you to compare teams, development over time, etc.
Tracking goals and creating alignment
Move on to the "Goals" tab. Here's where you can set individual, team or company goals. The module is flexible - you can implement traditional goal setting methods or use modern OKRs.
Things to try
- Check out the dummy goal we've created for you. As you can see, it contains a top level metric and a couple of key results. Feel free to update any metric.
- Give feedback on the dummy goal. As a goal owner, you can also request feedback on any goal if you need input, effectively turning goal tracking into an interactive conversation.
- Go back to the goal overview and click "Create" to create a new goal with a couple of key results. Here's a guide that explains the settings in more detail.
- Once you have created a few goals, you can link them via the "parent goal" property and visualize your goal tree.
- Using OKRs? You can easily set up weekly/bi-weekly check-ins via non-anonymous surveys (see next section).
Running engagement surveys
Finally, let's have a look at the "Surveys" tab. Here's where you can define and trigger regular engagement surveys to capture the pulse of your company.
Things to try
- Create your first survey: Here are some articles that explain how to pick your questions, choose participants and select a timeline.
- Answers to surveys will be anonymous. Here's how the questionnaire looks like from the participant's perspective (login is not required):
What people say about Leapsome
-- Max Viessmann
Group CEO, Viessmann Group
"Leapsome is saving us lots of time during our performance reviews and helps us to build an open, value-oriented feedback culture. We've compared several platforms and Leapsome stood out convincingly - it's user-friendly, intuitive and highly customisable. As a manager, I love how fast and openly the team at Leapsome reacts to our feedback and suggestions."
-- Dr. Christian Grobe
Co-Founder at Billie, Former Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Co
"Since we started using Leapsome the feedback everyone was always asking for is now finally given and requested more consistently. Leapsome enables us to build the effective and transparent feedback and communication culture that we need as a fast-growing company. We evaluated different tools and Leapsome is the only tool that caters to our needs as an organziation operating under holacracy."
"Leapsome is a great tool which ensures that Campanda’s employees give each other meaningful feedback with high frequency. In a fast-growing company like ours, it is an invaluable platform to scale a development-oriented culture!"
-- Frederik Froehle,
COO & Co-Founder, Campanda
"I am convinced Leapsome is absolutely indispensable for fast growing companies, where people need to develop fast and you want them to stay engaged. Retrospectively I would have implemented it much earlier and not wasted time and resources on tedious Google Forms-driven processes. I also love the Leapsome team’s openness to feedback. It’s very cool to see how serious they take customer suggestions and how flexible they are in optimising features. True feedback souls!"
-- Amanda Heeg
Senior HR Manager at Juniqe