Our HiBob integration allows you to keep your user base on Leapsome up to date - completely automatically!
Once activated, the integration will automatically
- create a new Leapsome user account for every new employee that you on-board on HiBob - we will automatically synchronize the user's name, email address, job title, department and manager,
- send a Leapsome invite to that user if the 'auto-invite' option is activated. Alternatively, you can manually invite users by re-sending open invites on your team admin page,
- create 'teams' on Leapsome for every 'department' that you have created in HiBob. Members of the department will automatically be assigned to the corresponding team on Leapsome,
- assign direct manager rights on Leapsome based on your supervisor roles in HiBob - no need to re-establish your reporting lines,
- update all of the above based on your changes in HiBob. Changes may take up to 24 hours to be reflected on Leapsome.
Please note that - if the integration is enabled -changes in HiBob will override any changes manually made on Leapsome.
How to set up the integration
To set up the integration, you will need to generate an API key that gives you access to the following attributes:
- employee state (invited vs. uninvited)
- employee internal status (active vs. inactive)
- personal info (name, email)
- work info (department, manager)
API keys in HiBob are tied to the user that generated them. If you're not comfortable with granting access to wider user data to Leapsome, it might make sense to create a new user that is used to manage the API access.
In HiBob (at the time of writing - please reach out to their team if you have any questions ...),
- Create a new user that will be used to generate the API key
- Go to the 'Settings' / 'Roles & Permissions' section in HiBob
- Add a new group called 'Leapsome API'
- Add the previously created user to that group
- In the permissions section of that group, make sure that the following rights are enabled
- People -> About -> View
- People -> Basic info -> View
- People -> User Data -> View
- People -> Work -> View
- People -> Work Contact Details - > View
- Save the group
- Log in as the new user
- In the top-right corner, click the name of the user and select API access
- Select Approved scope -> Full employee read
- Copy the token
- After generating your API key, please visit Settings > Integrations, scroll down to 'HiBob integration', click 'Enable HiBob user provisioning', paste your Api Key in the corresponding fields and click 'Update & Synchronize'.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically send Leapsome invites to new employees', each user who is (newly) synced from HiBob will automatically receive an invite to join Leapsome. If you disable this option, we will sync the employee data but not send an invite. You can then manually send the invite from the 'Edit users & teams' tab.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically reactivate Leapsome accounts of employees that are marked as active in the source system', Leapsome will automatically reactive a user once the status in HiBob of that user got changed back to 'active‘.