Why anonymous conversations are helpful
Some anonymous comments on your survey questions will be self-explanatory. Yet sometimes you require additional information from the commenter, and sometimes you want to acknowledge you have read the comment and will take action. For these situations, you can start anonymous conversations with the commenter.
Please note: the name of the survey owner / admin initiating a conversation on a survey comment will be visible to the comment author. The author (survey participant) will stay anonymous.
Here’s how it works:
- From the comments tab of your survey results ('Surveys’ module tab > 'Your Surveys' > click on the relevant survey > 'Comments’ tab), survey owners can start a conversation by clicking the 'Start a conversation' button beneath a comment
- Responding to a comment as a survey owner will trigger an email to the original comment author
- The comment author will then be able to respond to your comment, which would trigger an email to the survey owner
- The original commenter will remain completely anonymous throughout the process, while the survey owner’s name will be visible.
Please note: If the anonymity threshold is met, then the team name of the commenter will be visible to the admin and survey owner.
Enable managers and team leads to respond to anonymous comments
To enable managers and team leads to start conversations within survey comments, you can use custom visibility rules to allow managers and team leads the ability to read comments and starts conversations. To enable custom rules, go to the ‘Surveys’ module tab > ‘Your Surveys’ > click on the relevant survey > Visibility> Define your custom visibility rules which allow comments and conversations.
Involving others in the conversation:
- The survey owner can assign comments to other users, who can then start or continue the conversation with the comment author by clicking on the tab 'private note / assigned users' within the survey comment
- If the survey results are not already shared with this person, it will automatically grant access to the comment
- The user will receive a notification and can start a conversation. The name of the new person assigned to the conversation will be visible to the comment author and all users with access to the survey results.
Reacting to survey comments
Anyone with access to survey conversations (i.e., Admins or Managers) can also react to survey comments with one of four 'quick-reactions':
- Great idea
- Thanks for the transparency
- I agree
- Would like to talk in person
Once you have selected a quick reaction, it is auto-saved immediately, and you can close the window. When a reaction is posted, the author of the comment will receive a notification. The author of the comment will also see the name of the person who reacted. This allows acknowledging comments more quickly and closes the feedback loop more frequently by incentivizing more valuable employee comments.
Please sign in to leave a comment.