By default, Leapsome will calculate the average of all scored questions (regardless whether they are general skills, team skills or custom questions) as the final participant score.
What this article is about
While we recommend to keep the default score - you sometimes want to implement a custom score or logic. This article will explain how to implement custom scores for manager assessments:
- When setting up a new cycle, go to "Questions" tab
- Select the option "Edit the default scale and question weights" at the bottom
- At the bottom, tick the checkbox "Enable custom weights ..."
- Doing this will enable weight boxes for scored questions, general skills, team skills and goals
- Weights need to be entered as full numbers (e.g. "20" for 20%) and add up to 100
Once you're done, activate the cycle.
Here are a few useful things to know about the custom score:
- Managers will see a live preview of their score at the bottom of the assessment form.
- Weights will be applied regardless of whether a question was answered or not (this means that you should only apply weights to questions / categories that are answered by managers and reviewees, otherwise their scores will diverge).
- If you are also using weighted goals, Leapsome will first calculate the weighted average of your goal score, and then apply the overall goal category weight to that score.
- Important: If only some goals within an assessment have custom weights, we will exclude all goals without a weight from the score calculation.
- Final scores are displayed in the cycle dashboard and can be exported via the Excel export.