Leapsome has teamed up with merge.dev, to offer a broad variety of additional integrations with HRIS such as SAP SuccessFactors, Paychex, SageHR or UKG that can be set up with just a few clicks. These integrations allow you to create and update your user base in Leapsome fully automatically.
Our partnership with merge.dev allows us to offer integrations with the following HRIS:
- Alexis HR
- Altera Payroll
- Ceridian Dayforce
- Charlie HR
- HR Cloud
- HR Partner
- People HR
- Sage HR
- SAP SuccessFactors
- UKG Dimensions
- UKG Pro
- UKG Ready
What the integration does
Once activated, the integration will automatically:
- create a new Leapsome user account for every new employee that gets activated in your HRIS
- send a Leapsome invite to that user if the 'auto-invite' option is activated. Alternatively, you can manually invite users by re-sending open invites on your team admin page,
- assign further information to the user profile in Leapsome. Based on the data in your HRIS, attributes like Teams, Location, or Hire date will be populated in Leapsome.
- assign direct manager rights on Leapsome based on the supervisor roles in your HRIS - no need to re-establish your reporting lines.
- update all of the above based on changes in your HRIS. Data will be updated every 24 hours.
Which data will be synchronized
If available in the HRIS, the synchronization by default includes the following Leapsome attributes:
- External ID
- Firstname (Preferred Name)
- Primary manager
- Start date
- End (termination) date
Please note, that all integrations via merge.dev do not support automatically updating any custom attributes and additional managers in Leapsome.
As each of the HRIS has a different architecture, not every intergation may support all of the above listed attributes. This overview shows you which attributes from your HRIS will be available for the integration.
Please note, that once the integration is enabled, your HRIS will be the 'source of truth' for the connected user attributes. Any manual changes made directly in Leapsome will be overwritten by the integration with the next synchronization. One exception are 'Teams' in Leapsome: You can add as many teams as you like manually on top of the ones created by your HRIS, without the HRIS removing or changing those.
All attributes, that are not covered by the integration, can of course be updated manually, by performing an Excel upload, or by syncing an additional system (e.g. via an Active Directory or SFTP) with Leapsome.
Before you get started
Please make sure the person setting up the integration has both an Admin account in Leapsome, as well as full Admin rights to your HRIS. This is important, as some HRIS use the Admin's permission to allow Leapsome to access data in your HRIS. If then a person with limited access were to set up the integration, also Leapsome would have limited access.
Setting up the integration
To set up the integration, log in to Leapsome as an Admin and navigate to Settings > Integrations > HRIS integrations. There, find your HRIS from the list of available integrations, and click on it.
Within the pop-up, tick 'Enable the integration' and click 'Authenticate / Manage connection'.
Then, another popup will start guiding you through the authentication process. First, you will be able to see which data we will access for the integration. If you agree to providing access to these, just click 'Continue'.
Up next, we will guide you through the specific steps needed to connect your Leapsome account to your HRIS. As these steps differ among the different HRIS, just follow the steps listed in the window. You may be asked to enter e.g. a subdomain, an API key,or a client ID and client secret from your HRIS. No worries, the pop-up will tell you exactly where to find that infomation in your HRIS.
Once you successfully authenticated Leapsome to access your HRIS, and confirmed by clicking 'Update & Synchronize', the initial synchronization run will start, and create or update user profiles based on the data from your HRIS.
Please note that this first synchronization may take around an hour to be completed. All following synchronization runs will be completed in a matter of minutes. You will find your newly created user within Settings > User & Teams.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically send Leapsome invites to new employees', each user who is (newly) synced from your HRIS will automatically receive an invite to join Leapsome. If you disable this option, we will sync the employee data but not send an invite. You can then manually send the invite from 'Users & Teams' > 'Actions' > 'Send invites'.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically reactivate Leapsome accounts of employees that are marked as active in the source system', Leapsome will automatically reactive a user once the status in your HRIS of that user got changed back to 'active‘. This can be helpful for cases, in which colleagues take a sabbatical or parental leave.
- In addition to the daily synchronization that runs automatically, you can at all times trigger another synchronization manually. This may be helpful if you want to make changes made to a user in your HRIS reflect in Leapsome as soon as possible. For this, just find your integration in the Integrations menu, and click on 'Update & Synchronize'. This will trigger a new synchronization, and the users should be updated within the next minutes.
Data processing via merge.dev
Merge.dev is GDPR compliant and ISO 27001 certified, with data being hosted in Stockholm, Sweden. Please note, that with activation of any of the integrations provided by mege.dev, you instruct Leapsome to engage merge.dev as a sub-processor to provide this integration and agree to the current version of the Leapsome Data Processing Agreement (DPA).
After clicking on any of our HRIS integrations, you will see a hint, in case the integration is provided by merge.dev, so you actively have to opt-in to allow merge.dev the processing of your data.
If you have further questions on how to authenticate Leapsome to access your HRIS, please browse the extensive documentation provided by merge.dev. There, you can find step-by-step guides including screenshots on the steps you need to take on your HRIS' side to enable the integration.
You can access the documentation here.