About the integration
Our Personio integration allows you to keep your user base on Leapsome up to date - completely automatically!
Once activated, the integration will automatically
- create a new Leapsome user account for every new employee that you on-board in Personio - we will automatically synchronize the user's name, email address job title, department and manager,
- send a Leapsome invite to that user if the 'auto-invite' option is activated. Alternatively, you can manually invite users by re-sending open invites on your team admin page,
- create 'teams' on Leapsome for every 'department' that you have created in Personio. Members of that department will automatically be assigned to the corresponding team on Leapsome,
- assign direct manager rights on Leapsome based on your supervisor roles in Personio - no need to re-establish your reporting lines,
- update all of the above based on your changes in Personio. Changes may take up to 24 hours to be reflected on Leapsome.
Which data will be transferred?
The integration transfers the attributes name, surname, email address, supervisor, title, department and status from Personio to Leapsome. Please make sure to grant access to these attributes when setting up the integration.
Please note that - if the integration is enabled - changes in Personio will override any changes manually made on Leapsome, apart from the team:
Teams you manually added in Leapsome will remain active and not be changed by the integration, whereas teams that are synched from Personio would be overwritten if you change a user's team in Personio.
You can set up our Personio integration in two simple steps:
- First, please get your Personio Client ID and Personio Client Secret. As an administrator of your Personio account, you can find these under 'Settings' > 'API' by clicking 'Generate new credentials'. Please note that downloading a new set of credentials invalidates the previous ones.
- In Personio's API settings, make sure that the following fields can be accessed via the API - these are needed to successfully synchronize user data with Leapsome
- Name of the user (first name and last name)
- Email of the user
- Hire date of the user
- Manager of the user
- Job title / position of the user
- Status of the employee ('onboarding', 'active', ...)
- Department of the user
- Office Location
- Termination date of the user (if available)
- After generating your credentials, please visit your account admin page on Leapsome, select 'Integrations' > 'Personio', click 'Enable Personio user provisioning', paste your Personio Client ID and Personio Client Secret in the corresponding fields and click 'Update Personio settings'.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically send Leapsome invites to new employees', each user who is (newly) synced from Personio will automatically receive an invite to join Leapsome. If you disable this option, we will sync the employee data but not send an invite. You can then manually send the invite from the 'Edit users & teams' tab.
- If you enable the option 'Automatically reactivate Leapsome accounts of employees that are marked as active in the source system', Leapsome will automatically reactive a user once the status in Personio of that user got changed back to 'active‘.
And that's it - our platform will now automatically synchronize your user data from Personio.
Please note: If a new Personio API key is generated, the old one becomes invalid (and needs to be updated in Leapsome).