How to set up our Slack integration
As an account admin, you can set up our Slack integration in three simple steps. Please note: You need to be an admin for Leapsome and for Slack to set up the integration.
- First, navigate to the "Slack" tab in the admin settings.
- Click the "Add to Slack" button.
- You will be redirected to a Slack page where you have to grant Leapsome certain permissions and need to pick a channel that our bot can post to (for example #general). Leapsome needs these permissions to send notifications to your Slack users and respond to user commands in Slack. Your data is always secure and treated confidentially.
- Once submitted, our app will automatically match the accounts of your Slack users with your Leapsome user accounts - this can take a few hours. This synchronisation happens on the basis of email addresses - please make sure you use company email addresses in both services.
What the integration does
Leapsome integrates neatly with Slack and leads to significantly higher engagement of your team on Leapsome. The integration works both ways. Once integrated with Slack, Leapsome will occasionally send notifications.
- Private notifications will only be visible for the receiving user (they will come from a Slackbot). Users can choose whether they want to receive Slack (or email) notifications in their profile settings.
- Notifications about public feedback will be posted in a public channel that you can select during the setup.
From within Slack, users can trigger core functionality with Slack commands:
- To request feedback, simply type /requestfeedback @username and add an optional request message, e.g. “/requestfeedback @lena Could you please provide some feedback on our workshop?”. Our bot will take care of the request and send the request. You can also request feedback from multiple people at the same time.
- To give private feedback, type /givefeedback @username and add your feedback message, e.g. “/givefeedback @jim Great work on the Sales pitch!”. Our bot will send this as private feedback to the corresponding user.
- To send a public thank-you note, type /thanks @username and add your note, e.g. “/thanks @peter Amazing presentation today. You’re a hero!”. This will be treated as public feedback that your entire Leapsome team can see.
- To create a talking point for your next 1:1 meeting with a certain person, type /note @username and add your note, e.g. “/note @jim We need to talk about Q3 goals”. A new (private) talking point will be created - you can find it in your list of talking points accessible via the "1:1 meetings" button next to the person's name.
- To show all available Slack commands, type /leapsome.